Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Night lights

Generally, I’m lonely. I know it’s stupid to say that you are but I can’t help it. It gets tiring at some point. Loneliness is an ocean, and most of my life, I’ve been swimming, sometimes just afloat, enjoying the sun and the waves. But sometimes I drown. Which I got used to, eventually. 

It excites me to see boats passing by every once in a while. They’re little boats of happiness, sailing aimlessly. I swim towards them, sometimes I take a ride and maneuver them. Though it’s always better to let the wind blow the sail and drift away. But there was never a time it docked. It just kept going. 

At the end of the day, it’s the same ocean. And it will always be my home. In all ways.

3 comments:

  1. I believe that men should not dwell in lonely thoughts. And that living a life filled with gray tones is hard, but somehow, out of these dark waters, there are always those light and pastel moments that are worth remembering..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's strange to find peace in such loneliness. Perhaps there is a knowing here you don't want to betray?

    ReplyDelete

-